Tuesday, April 25, 2017

ITH Creature

ITH Creature



Made in Photoshop CS2. Custom brush, color halftone screen. Im sure Ill find more of the ITHs friends throughout the year. Hell pop into Ninas story for sure.

*Inexplicable Talking Head. Ive been seeing this thing in my head for a couple weeks now. I dont know why and ,more curious, dont know why I cant shake my fascination with it. So today I started my day with a short to-do list and put him on it.

I attempted to shape him as best as that nagging mind picture can get me. I dont know if any of you are like this but I can see this drawing, literally, in my head. Ive learned over the years that I should shape the actual drawing by keeping my minds eye on this image and not be distracted by my hands inclinations.

I think I got it very close to how this fella looks. Feels good to get him out there. I was also musing on a few things overnight and this meandering phrase came around. Sounds like something he would say as he sips his red. Though Im not sure how he could sip anything, really.

On a side note: Just been through a screening on reels of "UP" and Im exhausted. Ive been making animated feature reels for over thirteen years and it doesnt get easier. The movies doing quite well and its one I myself cant wait to see on the screen.

This is my decompression day. And, for those of you who know me, Im here at work when I could have a day off. Busmans holiday. That and an espresso makes it.

UP (film 2009)




Available link for download